Tuesday, January 3, 2012

2012 - New Year New Start


December has been a wonderful month ! A month that has lots of fun, lots of presents, lots of delicious food, lots of meeting up with friends; had an enjoyable and memorable trip to Dubai with my parents, my sister's family and my family and lots of hand-made stuff for Christmas :) It has rounded up 2011 nicely..

And yes, 2011 is a busy year but a great year ! A year I started with a new job, new experiences...meeting new people and picked up a new craft => "Le Cartonnage".

Cartonnage is the French Art of crafting Boxes, Folders, Picture Frames, Trays and a whole list of creative and functional items from Carton or Cardboard. It can be from a basic square or rectangular boxes to more complex octagon boxes with drawers etc.. the possibilities are simply endless.



Inspired by the Japanese teacher who taught this craft at the "The Art Republic", I improvised the technique learnt and tried to incoporate photo frame with handmade card and these items will be available at The Art Republic .

Entered into 2012 without much preparation... still making plan for things to be done or achieved in 2012 -> polish my skills on miniatures creation, more handmade cards etc etc.....Hmmmm, I think I really need time to think about it :) .. I will signoff for now with sharing of the following quotation I have read from the newspaper:

"One resolution I have made, and try always to keep, is this : To rise above the little things." ~ John Burroughs, American naturalist and essayist :

Have a good week ahead and may your dreams come true in 2012 ! Cheers ! ^_^

No comments:

Post a Comment